~ The FEMALE MULTIPLE ORGASM Forum ~ www.femalemultiple.org
December 15, 2017, 09:59:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new Female Mutliple Orgasm Forum!

The Female Multiple Orgasm Forum is THE place to find information, ask questions and share your experience about female multiple orgasms and becoming multi-orgasmic.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The rats and the Key Sound  (Read 13515 times)
Administrator
Administrator

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2008, 12:14:24 PM »

Dr RitzJunior
Anonymous

Date Posted: 11/14/2005 9:27 AM                       

The Key Sound, popularized by Dr Johnson, is backed up by experiments on rats!

Effects of male pre-ejaculatory vocalizations on female receptive behavior in the rat (Rattus norvegicus).

White NR, Barfield RJ.

Department of Biological Sciences, Rutgers--The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick 08903.

Both male and female rats (Rattus norvegicus) emit ultrasounds during copulation. Bursts of ultrasounds from males that occur as ejaculation approaches are lower in frequency, longer in duration, and louder than those that appear earlier in the ejaculatory series. We attempted to determine if these pre-ejaculatory calls affect female sexual behavior. The behavior of females paired with devocalized males was compared with that of females paired with intact males, and in a second experiment tape-recorded vocalizations were played to females paired with devocalized males. Females were less receptive when paired with devocalized males; they were less likely to remain stationary when males attempted to mount. Playback of both types of calls restored female immobility toward control levels, although pre-ejaculatory calls were more effective than mating ones. Pre-ejaculatory calls restored running and training levels somewhat toward control level but to a lesser extent than female immobility.

| Report to admin | Speaking message |   

PanDragon

Platinum Member

Reg : 07/13/2003

Date Posted: 11/15/2005 12:37 PM                               

Thank you Dr RitzJunior (cute name BTW) for posting this interesting study.

For the record, I must start by saying Jack Johnston is not a doctor. He has an M.A. in Psychology.

As for the study, I wouldn't go so far as to suggest that it proves anything about the Key Sound specifically. However, I do think it illustrates an important concept that I've often talked about here in the forum - that the tendency for men for suppress the urge to vocally express their pleasure during sex is a result of social conditioning rather than a natural behavior.

I think this study also suggests something else I've come to believe through my experience using the Key Sound - Women become more aroused when their male partners vocally express their own arousal (through moans, groans, and Key Sounds), thereby increasing pleasure for both partners.

Another aspect which is not mentioned in this study, but I believe may have played a significant role, is the fact that the amygdalae in mammals respond in different ways to the specific types of vocalizations made.

Positive vocalizations, like those associated with sexual enjoyment, playfulness, etc, tend to stimulate the anterior sides of the amygdalae, which in turn stimulates the Septal Regions (pleasure centers) of the brain. Therefore, vocal expression of pleasure results in more pleasure.

Negative vocalizations, like those associated with fighting or perceived threats, tend to stimulate the posterior sides of the amygdalae, which in turn encourages the "fight or flight" response.

I think the importance of this study, as it applies to Jack's Multiple Orgasm Trigger, is that it suggests that vocalization of pleasure is an important part of experiencing and sharing pleasure. And in nature, males express their pleasure out loud and females respond positively to vocalization with increased sexual interest and enjoyment.

I would be curious to see a zoological survery of how many mammals have similiar mating patterns. I would suspect that it's more common for the males of most mammalian species to express their pleasure vocally than not. And, in my opinion, modern human males are actually suppressing a very natural impulse to vocally express their sexual pleasure, purely out of social conditioning.

Thanks again for bringing this article to the forum "Ritz." I hope it sparks a much larger discussion!

And if anyone would like more information about the Key Sound and Multiple Orgasm Trigger go here: http://multiples.com/a/index.php/ksmopan

"There is no such as thing as piano playing; I have tried it many times and nothing came of it."

- Paul Watzlawick, author of "The Language of Change"

Message edited by: PanDragon on 11/15/2005 10:52:31[Server Time/GMT -8 Pacific Time]

DrRitzJunior
Anonymous

Date Posted: 11/16/2005 7:35 AM                       

In regard to the following study, I was wondering if KSMO could be recorded and then played back in order to enhance pleasure in a hypnotic way?
Physiol Behav. 1989 Feb;45(2):229-33.   

Playback of female rat ultrasonic vocalizations during sexual behavior.

White NR, Barfield RJ.

Department of Biological Sciences, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ 08903.

Both male and female rats emit ultrasonic vocalizations during mating. In an earlier study, female vocalizations were shown to be associated with female darting: when the female was devocalized, she increased her rate of darting. In a preliminary playback study, tape-recorded female ultrasounds were presented to devocalized females paired with intact males. Darting was reduced towards presurgical control levels. In this study, the playback experiment was replicated using a refined procedure to present female ultrasounds to the mating rats. Taped vocalizations were obtained from females, and were presented in a manner which more closely approximated the patterning of ultrasound production seen in the intact female. Each rat pair was tested three times: once prior to the devocalization of the female, and twice afterwards. In one postsurgical test, taped ultrasounds were presented during mating; in the other, tape hiss was presented. Several patterns of behavior increased in frequency when the female was devocalized relative to the control condition, but decreased when tape recorded ultrasounds were presented. These patterns included female darting and approaches towards the partner by both males and females. The darting results confirm and extend the findings of our earlier paper. Changes in approach behavior were not observed previously because the male was confined in the earlier study. This study contains the first direct evidence that female vocalizations affect the socio-sexual behavior of the male

PanDragon

Platinum Member

Date Posted: 11/16/2005 4:03 PM                               

>In regard to the following study, I was wondering if KSMO could be recorded and then played back in order to enhance pleasure in a hypnotic way?

Well, the answer depends on what you mean by "KSMO."

The Key Sound itself, does not necessarily sound erotic. In the same way that a person may make a "moaning" sound for a variety of reasons, like pain, pleasure, boredom, annoyance, etc, one can make Key Sounds without putting any "erotic charge" into them.

However, if you recorded a person or couple, experiencing the intense orgasmic states associated with KSMO and expressing those feelings through their Key Sounds as well as other sighs and moans, then yes, I believe it would have an impact on listeners.

However, I think it's important to consider what kind of impact that might be... I believe it completely depends on both the "performer" in the recording and the listener.

For instance, a man who feels a great deal of frustration, anger, or jealously regarding his experience of sexual pleasure, might find those negative feelings amplified if he heard another man enjoying a level of pleasure that he, himself, has never experienced before, especially if he doubts his own ability to ever experience that kind of pleasure. It might cause the listener to feel even more dissatisfied with his own sexual experiences and therefore associate pain and unhappiness with the Key Sound.

On the other hand, let's assume the listener has a desire to enhance his orgasmic pleasure, but is able to maintain a positive attitude about his current experiences, and views his sexual development as an opportunity for self-exploration. If he has just begun practicing KSMO, Tantra, or a similiar system, listening to an advanced practitioner of KSMO performing may actually encourage the listener, serving as a potential guide towards higher levels of arousal, and possibly offering a sense of hope about what men can accomplish in terms of MMO's. Hearing a man enjoy multiple orgasms may help aleviate any nagging doubts in the mind of listener about what they are capable of.

So, just as with hypnosis, the effect of listening to people experiencing KSMO, will be filtered through the personality of the listener. Some would certainly find it helpful, others will undoubtedly have strongly negative emotional responses.

For instance, let's say this time it's a couple listening to another couple experience KSMO. Now the impact will depend not only how each partner feels about their own sexual pleasure, but also on how they feel about each other and their relationship. When a couple has been successfully practicing KSMO together for an extended period of time, it deepens their level of intimacy as much as it intensifies their experience of orgasm. So the listeners would be hearing not only the physical pleasures of the couple, but also unusually open and free expressions joy and love between the two lovers. And once again, depending on the couple listening, this may induce a deeper feeling of closeness as well as erotic excitement, or it may serve to expose certain rifts between the two partners within their relationship, thereby ruining the mood.

Personally, when I first began practicing KSMO, I had some trouble with the Key Sound. I felt self-conscious and a bit "silly" expressing my pleasure "out loud" even when I was by myself. What I found helpful was audio and video recordings of people practicing Tantra and expressing intense orgasmic pleasure.

Although Jack's Multiple Orgasm Trigger technique is quite different from Tantra, listening to women and men who had already learned to fully express their pleasure and emotions during sex helped me feel more comfortable expressing my own feelings and learning to completely "give in" to the Key Sound. Once that happened, multiple orgasms came naturally.

Here are the products that I found helpful:

http://www.tantra.com/catalog/product_119.html?cPath=26

http://www.tantra.com/catalog/product_40.html?cPath=21

http://www.tantra.com/catalog/product_5.html?cPath=22

(Please keep in mind, I'm recommending these products as examples of live demonstrations of intense orgasmic pleasure and emotions being freely expressed, not for the techniques that are taught within them. Although they may be effective for some people, they did not work for me.)

"There is no such as thing as piano playing; I have tried it many times and nothing came of it."

- Paul Watzlawick, author of "The Language of Change"

DrRitzJunior
Anonymous

Date Posted: 11/16/2005 5:19 PM                       

The proof the amygdala can trigger multiple orgasms has beeb established.
Physiol Behav. 2003 Jul;79(2):239-46.   

Estradiol in the male rat amygdala facilitates mounting but not ejaculation.

Huddleston GG, Michael RP, Zumpe D, Clancy AN.

Department of Biology, MSC 8L0389, Georgia State University, 33 Gilmer Street S E Unit 8, Atlanta, GA 30303-3088, USA.

Mating activates estrogen sensitive neurons in several regions of male rat brain, including the medial amygdala (MEA). Infusion of the aromatase inhibitor, Fadrozole, into the MEA reduced mating, presumably by inhibiting conversion of testosterone (T) to estradiol (E(2)). We investigated whether administering E(2) locally into the amygdala (AMG) would maintain sexual behavior in male rats given systemic Fadrozole to eliminate E(2) elsewhere in the brain. Gonadally intact male rats were divided into two matched groups, based on ejaculatory performance in weekly tests with receptive females. All males received 0.29 mg/kg/day sc Fadrozole and bilateral implants to AMG. E(2)-in-AMG males (N=6 experimentals) received implants tipped with a cured mixture of E(2) in Silastic Medical Adhesive, whereas Vehicle-in-AMG males (N=6 controls) received implants tipped with cured adhesive alone (without E(2)). In E(2)-in-AMG males, postoperative mount and intromission frequency did not differ significantly from pretreatment baseline levels, but ejaculation frequency declined significantly (P<.01). Conversely, in Vehicle-in-AMG males, postoperative mounts and intromissions (P<.01) and ejaculations (P<.01) declined significantly. Postoperative mount and intromission frequency of Vehicle-in-AMG males was significantly lower than that of E(2)-in-AMG males (P<.01), but ejaculation frequency did not differ significantly between groups. This suggests that E(2)-sensitive AMG neurons are important for sexual arousal but not ejaculatory performance.

Close Me

PanDragon

Platinum Member

Date Posted: 11/16/2005 7:30 PM                               

Dr RitzJunior, once again thank you contributing these studies to board! I find them quite compelling.

>The proof the amygdala can trigger multiple orgasms has beeb established.

I have to say that, while I believe there have been studies in which stimulation of the anterior portion of amygdalae leads to multiple orgasms in both genders (whether human or animal), this particular study only shows what it's title says:

Estradiol in the male rat amygdala facilitates mounting but not ejaculation. and...
>This suggests that E(2)-sensitive AMG neurons are important for sexual arousal but not ejaculatory performance.

So what I'm understanding from this study is that it provides data showing that sexual pleasure and performance (erection/penetration) are separate functions from ejaculation in the brain. It does not specifically demonstrate any "proof" that the male rats experienced non-ejaculatory orgasms during copulation. Although they very well may have been experiencing MMO's, unfortunately there were no specific steps taken to prove or disprove it.

Regardless, I still think it's another step towards explaining how MMO's are possible through direct or indirect stimulation of the amygdalae. What I find particularly interesting is this:

>In E(2)-in-AMG males, postoperative mount and intromission frequency did not differ significantly from pretreatment baseline levels, but ejaculation frequency declined significantly (P<.01).

which proves that, males are capable of frequent erections and sexual stimulation without building a specific need or urge to ejaculate.

This flies right in the face of proponents of traditional ejaculation control methods and PC exercises, who claim male sexual response always includes an inevitable building towards ejaculation, which must somehow be forcefully suppressed or controlled.

The study suggests that when the amygdalae are properly stimulated, pleasure and arousal can be fully enjoyed independent of the ejaculatory process. This is a key aspect of Jack's Multiple Orgasm Trigger!
Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 06:24:11 PM »

Although this is hardly a scientific study, I admit that the sound of my partner's pleasure does arouse me. Actually the sound of my own pleasure arouses me. If I have the luxury of sufficient privacy I always cry out when I orgasm because I've found it just makes it feel better. I never really thought about the physiological basis for that response, however.

Tory
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: